UM San Diego Alumni-to-Alumni Mentoring Program
In cooperation with the UM Alumni Association, an alum-to- alum (A2) mentoring program! Each year in the October timeframe, we recruit both mentors and mentees interested in professional and career development and networking. We pair mid/seasoned professionals (mentors) with new/young professionals (mentees) with similar professional interests.
If you are interested in joining our next session, please contact us at email@example.com.
Tools and Resources For Wolverines Seeking Jobs and Internships in San Diego
The UM Club of San Diego provides a variety of networking events and support services to students and alumni looking for jobs or internships including:
- Monthly Mixers- The monthly mixer is generally attended by 10-20 alumni and students, and gives job hunters a chance to network with other alumni. For more information about monthly mixers click here: Local Mixers
- UM Spring Break Job Jump- Students home for spring break are invited to attend a networking event to jumpstart their search for summer internships or post-graduation employment. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students and alumni may contact The San Diego Club with specific requests for career and internship assistance. Once you’ve completed a thorough search using the many tools and resources already available, we can try to identify specific contacts within the companies/industries you are searching.
- Current students and newly graduated students may contact email@example.com
- For alumni searching for new opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Please supply the following when you request assistance:
- A copy of your resume
- A description of your ideal job and salary range (kept confidential)
- A description of the steps you’ve already taken
- The names of the companies/industries for which you need contacts (where no UM contact could be found following the steps identified on the tools and resources page)
- If looking for internships, let us know the time frame and whether you are open to an unpaid position
San Diego UM LinkedIn Network- Over 1,900 San Diego based UM Alumni are searchable by position, industry and company on LinkedIn. To search San Diego Wolverines on LinkedIn click here: SD UM Alumni on LinkedIn