The University of Michigan Alumni Club of Miami & Fort Lauderdale is made up of more than 3,000 U-M alumni living in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area. We host a diverse calendar of social, educational, professional, cultural, athletic, and community service events and programs throughout the year designed to bring the Michigan spirit to South Florida and give members the opportunity to share your U-M pride with other local alumni. We also have a student outreach and scholarship program benefiting future and current Wolverines from the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area.
Below are some examples of the wide variety of programs and activities the association sponsors:
- Frequent and timely career and networking events, including periodic Speakers’ Series discussions featuring prominent alumni professionals speaking on careers in specific industries; Networking happy hours for alumni professionals and power networking events
- Cultural events, including art exhibits, museum tours, theatre outings, outdoor classical concerts, and fairs
- Sports-related activities, attendance at U-M sporting events in the Miami Fort Lauderdale area and at pro sporting events (e.g., Marlins games, Florida Panthers and Miami Dolphins); and U-M game-watching parties
- Community service and philanthropic events, including volunteering at local non-profits in the Miami Fort Lauderdale area
- Family-oriented events hosted in the city and/or suburbs, such as a trip to the Everglades, and other activities your whole family can enjoy together
- Multiple other social events, including events designed specifically for new U-M students, including our Admitted Student Reception in the Spring and Student Send-off in the Fall
The Club has many members throughout South Florida. Having membership in the Alumni Association grants you immediate access to all events held by the Club. The Club is led by the Officers, as well as established Committees. Together, the Officers and committees encompass the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is elected from the general Club membership. Elections are held at the Annual Meeting generally in July. The Board of Directors works on behalf of the members of the Club and helps in the planning of the Club’s activities. Board meetings are held each month.
Governing the actions of the Board are the Club Bylaws. For more information, please contact one of the Officers or the Club President, Greg Levy, at [email protected]