Opened in 1973 and situated on a 25-acre peninsula in upstate New York’s Adirondack Mountains, Point O’Pines hosts Camp Michigania East. Just northeast of Lake George and about 30 miles from Fort Ticonderoga, Point O’Pines is located on Brant Lake, near Chestertown. The Point O’Pines Farm, a 500-acre property five miles from camp, provides campers with hiking, horseback riding, and other recreational opportunities.
Michigania campers live in cabin units that are perfect for families and couples. Each unit offers privacy and has its own bathroom and shower. All units have electricity, blankets, pillows, and storage space for clothing and equipment. Campers may bring their own towels and bedding, or they may be rented at camp for a nominal fee. Families with infants should bring their own cribs, high chairs, playpens, and favorite toys.
Red clay and Har-Tru tennis courts await avid players, and free tennis instruction is provided for beginning through advanced players. All sport and boating equipment is furnished at camp, with the exception of tennis rackets and softball gloves (though there are some available). Campers may bring their own kayaks, canoes, or sailboats.
Those so inclined can visit nearby out-of-camp attractions, including Fort Ticonderoga, Ausable Chasm, Lake Placid, and Saratoga Springs.
Michigania East Summer 2021 Update
We know that you cannot wait to return to Michigania East, and we look forward to welcoming you back in a safe manner. It is important to know that Summer 2021 at Michigania East will be a very different experience than prior years.
As summer 2021 approaches, Point O’ Pines has shared the following information, and we understand this might influence your decision to attend camp.
- A COVID test, completed before leaving home or upon arrival will be required for all campers.
- Anyone testing positive, as well as those in their unit, will need to leave immediately.
- As of March 2, the state of New York requires a negative test three days before leaving their home state and three days of quarantine after entering New York, followed by an additional test on the fourth day in the state.
- It is possible that adults who have received the vaccine may be able to present a proof of vaccination card in place of testing.
- While at camp, you will be asked to eat in small groups that will remain the same for all meals throughout the week.
- Kids camp will be open, but programming may be limited.
- Masks must be worn by everyone ages 3 and up, in all public spaces, including outdoors on camp property, except while eating or in the water.
- Programming will be limited, both in the number of participants and their proximity to each other. Specific details are being determined and will be communicated at a later date.
- Campers will be asked to not leave camp or go into the local community during the week.
We’ve also made the difficult decision not to run 2nd week this year, as registrations were down significantly. If we are able to offer 1st week, it is our hope to accommodate some of our longtime 2nd-week campers, as space allows.
Last updated March 2, 2021.
Michigania East Application
Michigania East: Dec. 15–Jan. 15 (for lottery eligibility). For information on lottery eligibility, review our application guidelines page.
Before You Apply
A $300 deposit is required to submit an application.
A $150 Covid cleaning fee will be added to the primary camper in each unit.
All adults who are not full-time college students will need to have an active membership with the Alumni Association before attending camp. Camp Michigania is an exclusive benefit of the Alumni Association.