Future Alumni of Michigan
Future Alumni of Michigan (FAM) is the Alumni Association’s new student ambassador group. We are looking for student ambassadors who are some of the most enthusiastic, involved, and passionate members of the University of Michigan community and will represent the student voice for the Alumni Association.
These ambassadors will help inform, refine, and develop our student programming. They will also be our street team, working to bring awareness to our student programming, Life Membership, and additional resources that the Alumni Association offers. Our ambassadors will work to create space for students to connect to alumni. Through this work, they will work to strengthen both student-to-student and student-to-alumni relationships.
This group will include up to 20 current student volunteers. They will meet regularly with Alumni Association staff to ideate, plan, and execute student-focused events and programs. These events include Welcome Wednesdays, the Forever Go Blue Bash, wellness weeks, orientation, and homecoming. Although this is a volunteer position, there will be several paid opportunities to work events during the year.
In order to be considered for selection, interested students must meet the criteria listed below and complete an application. Qualified applicants will be invited to participate in an in-person interview.
- Must serve both fall 2023 and winter 2024 semesters
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of Michigan
- Must attend monthly FAM meetings and any additional meetings assigned for relevant events/duties
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work on a team
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate daytime, evening, and weekend work
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Discounted Life Membership
- Access to our clubs and alumni
- Admission to Alumni Association events
- Opportunities to get paid for working Alumni Association events
- Represent the Alumni Association and University of Michigan as a student leader
- Develop leadership skills
- Gain experience in public speaking
- Build lasting friendships with your fellow FAM ambassadors