What Is Welcome Wednesdays?
Talk about a great perk — it doesn’t get any better than free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and a variety of delicious bagels. It’s all part of Welcome Wednesdays, and it’s hosted by the Alumni Association at the newly renovated Alumni Center on select Wednesdays throughout the semester.
Free bagels and refreshments are made possible by Alumni Association members and their membership dues.
Welcome Wednesdays Schedule
Welcome Wednesdays are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates during the winter 2022 semester:
- March 9 — Join special guest President Mary Sue Coleman at the Alumni Center as she joins us giving out bagels at the 3/9 Welcome Wednesday!
- March 16
- March 23
- March 30
- April 6
- April 13
All dates are subject to change due to ongoing COVID-19 protocols. Please check back here for updates.
Welcome Wednesdays COVID-19 Protocols
- Due to ongoing COVID protocols, guests aren’t allowed to sit and eat any food provided by the Alumni Association, so please adhere to the grab and go format.
- All visitors are required to complete the ResponsiBLUE survey and receive a green result before entering the building. (A QR code is at each building entrance to access the survey.) Alumni Association staff will verify results for visitors to enter the building.
- Lines will form on the exterior of the building at the new Ingals Mall entrance. There is a maximum capacity for the lobby area where food will be served. Staff will monitor this and let guests in accordingly.
- Upon entering, please swipe your Mcard to ensure successful follow-up or contact tracing is possible if needed.
- Masks are required indoors on campus. Extra masks will be available at check-in.
- Visitors are expected to act in a manner that demonstrates respect and consideration for the health and safety of all persons within the Alumni Center.
Note: These guidelines are subject to change at any time due to changing conditions and possible state or federal mandates, U-M mandates, or Alumni Association decisions.