The University of Michigan LGBTQ Alumni goals and aspirations are:
- To keep LGBTQ alumni informed of the concerns, needs, goals, interests and progress of the University of Michigan, especially as related to issues around gender and sexual orientation.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information, ideas, and resources in an effort to improve engagement and service among University of Michigan LGBTQ alumni, students, faculty and staff.
- To establish a formal mechanism for extending community and camaraderie among LGBTQ alumni, students, faculty, staff and allies.
- To further the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff at the University of Michigan, by insuring that people of all gender identities and sexual orientations will be part of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- To provide scholarship support, service opportunities, and programming for current students and future alumni.
Through these and other efforts, LGBTQ Alumni are building a tradition of leadership and commitment to the University of Michigan and the LGBTQ community.