Each year our local University of Michigan Club of Tampa Bay allocates funds for scholarship opportunities for local students to attend the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Our requirements are not based on need and the application is simple.
We know college textbooks aren’t cheap. That’s why we created the Book Scholarship for local students who will be attending the University of Michigan for the first time. This may only be a small percentage of what your education will cost, but every penny helps! Please submit this Scholarship Application. If you have any questions send us an email at [email protected]
A $1000.00 award will be determined each year for a freshman student attending the University of Michigan. This is the cost projected by the University of Michigan for books required of incoming freshmen. Winners will be notified by August 1. A representative of the Scholarship Committee will contact you.
- Be a resident of Hillsborough or Pinellas County and either (1) a graduating senior from a public or private high school or (2) a first-year transfer student.
- Be committed to attend the University of Michigan as a full-time student.
- Scholarship is achievement-based, not need-based.
NOTE: Due to NCAA regulations, tendered athletes are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Please type or print clearly.
- Application must be completed in full by applicant. Information is confidential.
- Attach the following documents to the application: a) A typed essay of approximately 300 words discussing why you should be considered for the scholarship and what attending the University of Michigan means to you. This scholarship is based on achievements, not need. b) A typed list of activities in which you have participated and positions held showing service to your school or community.
- Send the application with attachments to the Scholarship Committee at [email protected] before May 30.
If you have any questions send email to us at [email protected]
SSGT Ergin V. Osman Scholarship Fund
This fund was established in 2013 to provide scholarship support to undergraduate students, with a special interest in supporting disabled veterans. Please submit this Scholarship Application and all required documents to apply for the scholarship. Read more about the SSGT Ergin V. Osman Scholarship here.
- Undergraduate students
- Preference will be given (but not limited) to:
- Undergraduate disabled U.S. military veteran whose injuries were sustained as a result of hostile action while serving, or a student who is the child, or spouse, or committed partner of such a person
- Residents of the State of Michigan and students from the Tampa Bay, Florida area
- Students entering their Junior or Senior years with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher; and
- Students majoring in environmental engineering, environmental sciences, physical education, or kinesiology