To Apply for this position, please send cover letter, resume, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use subject line: Associate Program Director - Jackson/American Honors)
About Quad Learning
Quad Learning (QL) is an education start-up with an audacious mission: to change higher education by creating affordable new pathways to a top-tier bachelor’s degree. Quad Learning collaborates with community colleges to offer the American Honors program. American Honors is a selective program for students who want to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree from a top college or university. The program includes honors courses, a dedicated advisor, and a strong community. AH advisors work with students to help them pick the right classes, map out transfer options, career goals, and financial aid options. Quad Learning is a venture-backed startup with community college collaborators in Washington, Indiana, and New Jersey, Michigan, and Texas. Quad Learning and AH have been featured in The New York Times, Inside Higher Ed, All Things Digital, the Washington Post and more. We are an energetic, driven, and passionate group.
The Associate Program Director (APD)/Regional Admissions Counselor is a dual role responsible for the success of the American Honors program at one or more campuses or a cluster. Working with the Program Director, the APD’s role is to collaborate with our community college partners to run a best-in-class honors program. The APD is responsible for the development, growth, and overall success of the American Honors program at our partner sites at Jackson College. The APD is responsible for achieving target outcomes around student growth, retention, graduation and transfer and working with the Program Director to support client relations with our partners. As such, he or she needs to be a relationship builder, a do-er, a project manager, a communicator, and an opportunity-seizer as the situation requires.
The APD also wears a dual hat as Regional Admissions Counselor for the campus or college, responsible for designing and executing logistics of the student recruitment plan to meet enrollment targets for the American Honors program. Serving as a main point-of-contact for prospective students and community stakeholders, the Regional Admissions Counselor works with local high schools, community groups, and students and faculty at the community college to recruit new students to the American Honors program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Associate Program Director
o Grow the number of students joining and successfully completing American Honors and transferring to a four year college or university
o Work with the Program Director to build strong relationships and serve as a liaison to collaborate with key community college personnel to create and implement processes and systems to efficiently and effectively scale American Honors
o Communicate program, product, and process needs to the Program Director and work with them to develop and deliver solutions that make sense locally
o Drive program improvement by facilitating feedback from students, faculty, administration, and community partners
o Coordinate with Program Director and Student Services to oversee local advisors to ensure exceptional student support, advising, and community building
• Regional Admissions Counselor
o Working with Program Director and Marketing, represent AH in local field marketing outreach
o Strategize yearly recruitment calendar: schedule and conduct visits to area high schools to deliver materials and meet with prospective students
o Host informational events & deliver "field pitch" that is tailored to the audience
The right person for this job will:
• Believe in what we are trying to build—a low-cost pathway to a top four-year degree
• Think and act like an owner—be a doer, a manager, a strategizer, and an influencer build the American Honors program
• Act strategically—re-prioritize work on the fly, address unanticipated challenges, and take advantage of opportunities
• Communicate proactively—effectively communicate and coordinate with a large number of colleagues and stakeholders spread out over disparate locations
• Build relationships—cultivate internal and external constituencies and build long-term relationships to achieve goals
Skills & Experience:
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
• Management experience and ability to hire, develop, and manage personnel
• Strong collaboration skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students, parents, and community college partners
• Ability to understand and use data and technology systems, including a CRM to support results
• Strong depth in key functions under purview
• Demonstrated results focus and success.
What you can expect from us:
• The opportunity to transform student lives by running a best-in-class honors program
• A chance to join a well-funded, mission-driven start-up
• The opportunity to shape a young company and work across a variety of initiatives
• A great management team with decades of experience in leading education and tech companies
• Competitive salary and endless opportunities for growth and promotion
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or related graduate degree preferred. 5-10 years of business experience, preferably in admissions, operations, marketing, sales, with progressive responsibility.
Language Skills: This position requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. This position also requires the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications. This position requires a high level of skill in both oral and written communication and the ability to effectively present ideas and information.
Technical Skills: Advanced computer skills including use of a CRM, cloud contact center, and MS Excel required.
Mathematical Skills: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial data and reports. This position requires the ability to apply such concepts to create reports and financial records and present them effectively.
Travel: limited domestic travel required.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.